Sunday, October 27, 2013

Been There, Done That

SOAR The Final has come and gone. We were a wonderfully cohesive group: everyone knew this was our last time, and we were kind, collegial and communal. I have never been to a gathering of women that felt so cohesive and committed to each other: helpful, positive, funny and fun.

We knew. We knew there were some people we would never see again. I cried almost every time I saw my friend Judy. I see her annually at SOAR; I have known for over 20 years. I love her. She is always happy to see me. She lives across the country from me and we have no connection other than spinning and weaving. I met her at SOAR. SOAR is where we connect.

Where we used to connect.

We did have some color fun in the retreat sessions, matching and blending colors:

image

image

image

image

We had fun, we had evenings in the hot tub, evenings where we raised a glass or two, and now, and into the future, we have to stand on our own two feet:

image

I hope we can be as happy about it as this little fellow, and that our future will be as bright. We will grow and prosper, but we will miss some people going forward. I will miss you Judy and I hope to cross paths with you, and some of the other SOAR regulars, at other venues in other places.

Adios Amigos. Vaya con Dios.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

I'm retiring in June and was looking forward to attending another SOAR. So many transitions in our world these days. Of course having a little happy fellow is one huge consolation!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home