Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Inch by Inch

Silk and spindle

Progress measurable when our protagonist left off last week. And now:
Silk skeins

More! But slow. Spindles do move things forward, but wheels?
Purple silk

Much forwarder. This is Color 3, of 6, all of them from Fiber Optic Yarns (purchased at SOAR last October). The good news? She'll be at SOAR again this Fall!

I did go to Guild last night though, and spindles are portable:

Wolf yarn

So wolf yarn on wolf spindles! This is Timber Wolf, BFL silk from Fiber Optic Yarns.

The rest of the week? I packed and shipped a box. A big box, full of stuff I will not see for a year or so. So sad. And Happy! Box is done! Gone! and not here anymore.

Now, my laptop and I have a date for a few days, weeks, maybe a month. So help me, I will buckle down. Now. Really. No more distractions.

Like him:
Baby o

And her:
Marin peas

Look at that happy girl, eating her peas! Her other grandmother and I are not responsible for this (pea haters, that's us. Yay for Moms!).

3 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Talk about distractions!! I followed your link and found all the greens I wanted are sold out. Boo! Maybe that will help me finish grading all these projects. Probably not though, those little faces will always call to us!

Cute photos, love Jackson's amazed expression. Yeah for peas! Love them, love their colors :-)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Spinning is such a lifestyle in the end me thinks. I love drop spindles for groups. I think they're quite sociable. It's my poor beat-up wheel that I arrange in front of my SAD light of a morning with coffee that sparks my day.

Ironic - my word is lghtsmust. Light smart?

11:52 PM  
Blogger Charlene said...

How are you coping with TWO of them?! We expect pictures waved in faces, you know!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home