Monday, May 10, 2010

Sometimes It's Just Obvious

When one has a spindle with a Celtic Knot design:
golding celtic spindle

The spindle bag for it will be a (doh) Celtic Knot design:

celtic spindle bag

And the band for the bag will be a (doh) Celtic Knot design:

celtic spindle bag band

Sometimes "design" is easy. It does not carry the weight of a capital *D*, it just happens.

Details: Celtic Ring Spindle, cherry wood with silver inset, .89 ounces in weight, from Golding; spindle bag woven on the Cricket loom, warp is crochet cotton (size 10) sett at 12 EPI, pile weft is handspun wool and wool mohair yarns; band is woven on a Schacht inkle loom using size 10 crochet cotton for background warp, and Tahki Cotton Classic for pattern warps. Design adapted from a once-ubiquitous-but-now-not-there online four strand Celtic braid pattern, into a six strand Celtic braid pattern.

8 Comments:

Blogger cockeyed said...

obvious, but really lovely!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I do love Celtic designs.

I suppose it's fitting that my word verification is "purse" tho I think "spindle bag" would be more fitting.

11:16 AM  
Blogger SpindleMonkey said...

So, you're not worried you overthought this one, then?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All gorgeous!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

OhmyGod I LOVE this!

7:09 AM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

I love it all especially the inkle band as I'm on an inkle kick as of late :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Tina J said...

I am actually learning the pick up method of inkling, and I am using that very same pattern! I got it from Norsegirl, who got it from the same place you did I bet. Small world isn't it.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I love the inkle band!!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home