Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bison? Dyson?

I've been on planes again. It will take a few days to recover. But for now?
abby batt and spindle

I came home with gifts and purchases. I'm spinning some delicious fiber from Abby on my new Desko spindle, that I purchased at Beth's shop . Yes, I went to Michigan, to one of the few spinning-focused shops in the country, and we had a weaving class!

There was wool everywhere for sale, a veritable cornucopia for those who like to touch before they buy, and buy what is right for their project, not just what they can find. Everything was there: longwools, fine wools, down breeds, silks, dyed fibers, dyed roving and batts (see above!) and the odd optim, latte and soysilk. There are wheels to try, spindles to fondle (fewer of them than previously, I assure you), books and all sorts of tools for spinners.

The workshop participants were a cheerful crew, the best! I wish I had more pictures of the workshop, but Beth's blog has a great wrap up.

We knotted, we clipped, we made a total mess. By the time we left there was such a plethora of wool bits on the floor, Beth's delightful daughter Chelsea will be cleaning up after us for days.

There was no bison, Denny, but there will be a Dyson.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

OOOh you do know that it's a requirement to trash Beth's shop? Congrats on fulfilling the requirement!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

heh. she had that shop cleaned up by the time I got in on Tuesday. I love that girl.

Also, you are a slave driver.

6:06 PM  
Blogger kitkatknit said...

Dyson - yes. I just got my second one in 9 years. First one finally bit the dust and no one in my area will fix them.

9:04 AM  
Blogger memphisweaver said...

Hi Sara - I always learn so much about all kinds of fiber projects from your writing. I have nominated you and your blog to receive the "Kreativ Blogger" award. Read about it here: http://memphisweaver.wordpress.com
Congratulations!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Sara

Carl Desko
www.DeskoSpindles.com

7:25 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

OK so we had Abby last weekend and Chelsea said the mess was bigger than when you were here:-)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home