Friday, February 19, 2010

Second Verse

Same as the first?
mandala bag side 2

It was fully my intention to weave both sides the same for this spindle bag. But. When it came to actually weaving the second side, I just could not get motivated. I designed a few options, using the same motifs arranged differently: still no spark. I finally just gave in: the second side is related in theme and color, but is wholly new.

I like it :), and had fun weaving it this week.

Also?

new spindles

A few new spindles. I bought these new donut beads specifically with spindles in mind. They are Jasper and Amazonite, and the carved ones have built in notches which neatly catch the yarn. The two smaller ones weigh less than an ounce each, the Peridot Jasper is heavier, for plying.

I tried them out with some bombyx silk on the smaller ones and some wool on the larger. They spin forever!

7 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Thanks! No photo yet but I can wait for that.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Somehow I am not surprised that you can't weave the same thing twice.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Delighted Hands said...

Nice weaving; I like the donut stone spindle I made, too , but haven't used it yet...

4:48 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

They are incredibly beautiful. We don't have a bead store anywhere near us, so I'll have to head to the city one day or get a friend to go. Can you tell me a bit more about your stone donuts, so I'll have a better idea what I'm asking for? Then it is just the hunt for pretty chopsticks!

10:27 AM  
Blogger judy said...

The second side is so right for a spindle bag. Love the twirling swirling idea.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

You'll bring them to the retreat, right? Do I sound too eager, pant, pant, pant....

9:32 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Lovely spindles, certainly as lovely as any I have seen. Is the ger in the photo your home?

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home