Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Exhale

A moment of exhale, the time between ending and starting. The time for exploring and catching fire:
camelsilk
(Cameldown and silk, from Spirit Trail, purchased from Carolina Homespun.)

The time of planning, preparing:
soumak kit

Samples,weaving, spinning, comfort zone, back to basics:
soumak

Playtime. Dipping a toe...listening to the wind:
silk pile

Happy and sad:
taswool2
Happy, because my wool arrived from Tasmania. Sad, because the box was smashed and half empty. Sad: somewhere in some Customs office or warehouse, half of my wool has been left to become, what? packing material? Sigh.

8 Comments:

Blogger Deanna said...

Lovely spot, that out-breath - the magical lull that makes way for what's next. Condolences on the loss - not fun, that NOT-right-with-the-world feeling, and the flurry of "FIX IT!" thoughts that follow. I hope the energy will be restored by some nice surprise. :-)
HUGS!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Charmingdesigns said...

Hi, I stumbled upon your blog looking for a place to purchase colored silk roving for making paper, can you direct me?? I'm in Oregon. Thanks, Laurie

6:04 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I love the roving very pretty! So sad about your package!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Beautiful colors! So sad about your loss. :(

6:58 AM  
Blogger Rosane said...

Lovely weavings. Sorry about the wool shipping accident. I've had my share of shipping problems, so I completely understand the disillusioning feeling.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Oh! What a shock that must have been, opening the box.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Do love the color on the bobbin! Funny this morning before leaving for work I was thinking time to spin again.

Guess feeling ahead for spun fibers to knit up in the cold winter ahead. funny to think that as June is blooming. But in 4 short months we will be wood stoving and knitting again!

Sorry about the lack of the total contents. Perhaps they will find their way home.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your missing fiber! What a bummer.

The purple camel/silk looks lovely! And, hey, more cashmere/silk is underway for Morgaine, in jewel tones because that's what you wanted. Just thought I'd let you know :-D

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home