Thursday, January 22, 2009

There And Back Again

I've been to Wisconsin. We will not speak of the weather there. Suffice it to say that while I was there, it was warm here, like in the 70's. But I am back now. It is good.

We were working on dye books:
dye pages

dye pages2

There are darks and lights:
dye pages6

Stacks and stacks of colors:
dye pages4

For those of you who like numbers, that is 22 strands on each page, 40 pages per color (this run), 18 pages done in a week's time. We have 12 pages left. Of 34. It feels like we are nearing the end, even though each page is about 4 hour's work (4 x 12 is....lots). But close!

Some people were training an assistant:
dye pages5

Some assistants learned that they could lay down on the job:
dye pages3

Now all I need to do is lose the serious poundage I gained while snacking our way through M & M's, trail mix, cashews and almonds, goat cheese, sheep cheese, crackers and cheese. . . .you get the idea.

Knitting is tomorrow. This post is up in self-defense: Lindsey and Patricia? See you soon!

11 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Whatta you mean you were just up in Madison!!! Durn it! Sigh

9:08 AM  
Blogger Alwen said...

What a cute assistant!

10:25 AM  
Blogger judy said...

and the low carb, low cal drinks?
That is a lot of work. My fingers cramp just looking at it.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Ooh, all those lovely colors. Sounds like the snacks were nature's buffer against all the cold. Looks like you were having fun.

3:28 PM  
Blogger woolydaisy said...

no beer with that cheese? i grew up in wis. you gotta have the beer with the cheese!!!!

7:11 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Great Scott!
That IS a lot of work. But what a treasure for people who have yet to gain an intuitive sense of colour.

It's raining here. I wish it was snow, even if that meant it was even colder :-/

3:39 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

O.K., I take it back! :)
Patricia

6:56 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I know it was work - the staggering results state that, but oh my, what a nice way to work and what an agreeable, lovely assistant.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth, or travelled to a far off land, never to return!
70 degrees? That's hot! After being in WI, I bet you agree with me. Alas, lucky you! Ah, warmth.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

That is a very cute assistant!

7:31 AM  
Blogger kim said...

Sara, refresh my memory please. Where can someone purchase one of these masterpieces of patience and organization?

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home