Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

I've been gone.

I've been sick.

I've been recovering from traveling.

I've been busy (who isn't busy?).

I've had a bad case of ennui?

This past weekend and at last night's guild meeting, we had Darlene Hayes of Hand Jive Knits give us a natural dye workshop and guild lecture.

Too fun! I've known Darlene for several years, as a SOAR participant and dyer. At Golden Gate, she taught a class in natural dyeing and was unflappable (there were plenty of weather-related and water-related reasons to be flapped at GGFI, but Darlene held her own, despite all odds).

Darlene describes the joys and tribulations of dyeing with natural materials with humor and demonstrates a good sense of resourcefulness. A good time was had by all, and I bought some of her Nature's Palette yarns:

nature's palette yarns

Buying, to take the place of actual production.

I am not a big fan of stashing yarns with no projects in mind. I've fallen off that wagon lately (I'll put up a post about my Rhinebeck purchases, soon), and I have no idea what has gotten into me. I'm not really producing much right now, but I am buying.

Now you know. Will public disclosure help me stop? Time will tell.

8 Comments:

Blogger Deanna said...

Stashes breath. In. Purchase. Out. Produce. In. Purchase. Out. Produce.
It's okay, all is well. :-)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

Just think of it as encouraging the production of others. Really, you are doing a service for the fiber community as a whole. Really...

1:50 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

I'm quite curious about what you bought. I'm guessing colorful.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Couldn't deny it anyway - there were witnesses!
Hope you are feeling better. I had to resort to Potter's Catarrh Mixture!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've had a bad case of ennui?

trust me this will pass. however on the buy no project - well, er , you expect one of us to bail you out?

6:57 PM  
Blogger judy said...

Don't worry, it is instinctual.. preparing for winter..hoarding acorns,

9:18 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hope you get well soon, I think we all have had it. Love the yarn!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I haven't been buying and I have no stash. This is only good if you want to be virtuous. It's really bad when you need to whip up two hats for grandsons and truly have *no* stash. I'm going to go on a buying spree - just as soon as I find a place to spree at.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home