Saturday, August 04, 2007

Transformation

Going:
going1

Going:
going2

Gone:
gone

Sue wanted her socks to be red. But she knit them with grey yarn.
Now they are red:

sue's socks2

Sue's socks are handpsun romney cross wool, the pattern is from Interweave Knits, Winter 2005 issue, Embossed Leaves Socks, designed by Mona Schmidt.

I have been withholding. These and several other projects have been kept off the blog for several weeks now while we get ready for the fair. Judging was yesterday, so the various reveals will be forthcoming.

We have an astounding array of beautiful pieces this year, and I only saw the weaving. I'm so lucky to have all of these creative and capable people around. Inspiration abounds, and creativity begets creativity. All of what I do is easier because I am surrounded by a supportive environment.

Like today: I'm off to Birdsong's for a Spin-in.

On the way there, I'll let Sue in on a secret: if you want red socks, it's best to start with red yarn.

[P.S. Sue got a blue ribbon on her socks :)]

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebekkah said...

Gorgeous color!

I have 8oz. of Romney mix roving I plan to spin up eventually. It looks like it's about the same color as those socks originally were. Not knowing a lot about dyeing, I didn't know whether they'd be suitable for any drastic color changes. Now I know!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

It was so smart of you and Sue to insist on a day of rest, in the high mountain air, before the arduous undertaking of getting through the fair. What a wonderful time!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Karen Frisa said...

You *are* very fortunate to have so many entries in your county fair! At our county fair, spinning and weaving are one department, and there were only 12 entries total. I think two were spinning (one skein and one finished scarf -- both were beautiful) and the rest were weaving. They were very inspiring pieces; I just wish there were more of them. I try to encourage people to enter, but encounter a lot of resistance.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the entries. They were wonderful last year, and Sue won a ribbon then too. Syne Mitchell said on her recent podcast that fairs are the number one way for weavers to expose weaving to the public. We keep trying!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home