Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Button, Button, Who's got the Button?

Me, that's who:

buttons silver

Oops, forgot the dime for scale, but let's say these are bigger than a dime, smaller than a 50p piece!

I'm participating in a Fiber Show and Sale this weekend, and knew I would not have much time to make anything for it, what with preparations for SOAR, SOAR itself and the Dyebook Deb and I have been working to produce. But I did have time to make some buttons, and few earrings, bracelets, and necklaces out of silver clay, so I'd have something for the show.

It's been fun, and, like a miser with his coins, I've enjoyed the riches that having a handful of silver buttons can mean to a textile junky. Imagine lines of silver buttons, marching down a cardigan, or lining up on a bag, as embellishment. What fun potential is.

I have been drilling polishing and planishing, mounting, tagging and making lists. I've had tea to keep me going:

teatime

My favorite pot and cup, and new tea, from Betty's, yum!

The sale is Friday Saturday and Sunday this weekend in downtown Grass Valley. I'm almost ready!

7 Comments:

Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Very pretty buttons, she burbled into her cup of Peets coffee. And I agree with you about potential - love the frisson.

OK, so how....?? (We can always organise a swap.)

7:14 AM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

my local spinners & weavers guild had their sale last weekend, but it was mostly stuff to buy for gifts. i did find some roving, and my son actually picked out one he wants me to spin up and make a hat (and possibly scarf) for him. he's 12, bless his heart. he'll outgrow the "mom, make me something" stage soon (sob)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Ooouuuuu, pretty, pretty buttons!
I love your colorful cup and tea pot. Pottery is a weakness, no?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I clicked the link and saw your dye book. All I've had up til now are the swatch cards and grids from the Charlene Schurch's workshop at Allison's. I'm too math challenged to make good use of them other than as guides. I get reasonably good colors and also some surprises. I've been wondering how to spend a gift certificate I have on on Amazon and now I know!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Good luck with your sale! The buttons are going to disappear like magic!

2:46 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Love the buttons! Is this PMC? Do you need a kiln?

6:24 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

This is a fair I didn't know about... hope to cruise by sometime this weekend, and that it is a great success for you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home