Monday, October 16, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and The Sqwadgy

For those of you sqwadgy-color fans:

sqwadgy silk2



Sqwadgy: [skwa-djee] colors likely to be found in a swamp. Or in the Autumn, all around us now.

As Marcy said, there are no bad colors. Just colors other-people-like-better-than-I-do. Or perhaps, colors more likely to be used by people other than me.

Anyway, you get the picture. And I get the point. For the record, some of the sqwadgy colors have begun to creep their little way into my work too. Turns out they are useful, and sometimes a great complement to the reds/blues/golds I like to use:

Sqwadgy silk1



And the fate of all of this silk?

SOAR silk 2006



Packets of silk, 29 total, all packed up for SOAR.

The Dye Lots project continues, but we are moving on to yarns this week. More Bright Color Pictures(tm) to follow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

oooo, pretty.

I will be at SOAR - do you know what your vendor booth number is?

I am just finishing up some silk that I dyed recently and will NEED some more..

Barbara
http://the-string-and-i.blogspot.com

12:55 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

I cannot tell you how amusing it is to me that you, YOU, use my name in the same post where you talk about color. Too funny! Sqwadgy--excellent word.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hi Sara, you said that this silk is for a class - what class is that? One of the workshops or a retreat class?

Barbara
http://the-string-and-i.blogspot.com

4:08 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I agree - they all look luscious, but I just love the word squadgy (did I spell it right?)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Roggey said...

WOW!

Those are some gorgeous colors!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home