Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mess O' Color

Last weekend, 16 dyers in Colorado managed to dye over 600 color samples in one day:

mees o'color2

We are talking 16, hardworking, conscientious dyers. They made a mess of color samples, which I imagine they are now mounting into a dye sample book.

Here's a close up:

Mess o'color

21 two color blends, 10 three color runs, and value gradations of the 8 colors we used. That is one impressive pile of color, the full spectrum and then some. In one day, did I mention that?

Then, they painted skeins, fiber and warps. They did all of this while keeping up a cheerful countenance. Phew! I'm even tired thinking about it.

And me? Yes, I knit on the plane, there and back. I just couldn't have a bottle of water, or handlotion, and yes, (dripping sarcasm here) I feel so much safer.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Incontheevable!


(I recently reread a back issue of Spin-off --the one with carder reviews and "spinning Silk with Sara Lamb" and just wanted to say thank you again for being an inspiration, a blend of art, creativity and productivity.)

1:16 PM  
Blogger judy said...

I felt great having my metal circs on board, used to be I'd only take plastic, sometimes worn as a bracelet, and with a lifeline. The woman across the aisle from me was using 14" metal straights.. maybe we could just drink from our water bottles at the security check.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Did they at least serve water "on" the plane? I'd be a dehydrated person at the end of the flight, taken off the plane in a cellophane wrapper like sun dried tomatoes.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Nice to know that I can knit while traveling... it sounds like you had a great time back there.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Angi said...

What a perfect solution!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home