Saturday, June 03, 2006

Weaving Marathon

It's been a hectic week, trying to get things done for deadlines. I get myself into these corners, and the nose to the grindstone gets me out.

This week, three things came off the loom, and are now ready for finishing. Finishing often takes as long as weaving, but this week it won't/can't because it all has to be in the mail by Friday.

But for blog's sake, a quick glimpse of the three new pieces:

knitting quiver

dona nobis pacem2

choices

Now to finishing the warps, washing, sewing, lining and making stands for each of the pieces for the show. More complete pictures then, and a heads up on when and where they will be on display (Grand Gallery, Amway Grand Plaza, Grand Rapids, MI).

Also, still dyeing! Deadlines. Gotta love 'em.

Until then, I'm under the watchful eye of the Commander:

mojo sleeps2

My new best friend.

6 Comments:

Blogger beadlizard said...

What a lovely cat photo.

Are those hangers? As always, a wonderful use of color. --syl

1:32 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Gorgeous pieces, Sara. The colors are so brilliant. Are you going to Convergence?

Are those coat hangers dealing with choice?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Love the pieces, and the subversive symbolism.
Also love the photo of your Mojo working.
(Sleeping=working, in cat, but I'm sure you know that by now.)

2:59 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

That is a fabulous design. Nice work!

Cats are wonderful blogging devices.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I "saw" swans or geese. I see hangers since replies have suggested that. I hang up clothes, really I do.

Lovely pieces, btw!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Wow, what vibrant colors! I didn't think of hangers at first either... Are you as tired as your cat looks after all this work?

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home