Monday, June 06, 2005

An Unprecedented Second Post

I am practicing avoidance: I'm on the last few rows of a project, and that's always the hardest. I seem to find *anything* to do to avoid finishing. Today, I came back and read comments from the Empty Bins post, and was all inspired to answer them.

I can see I have been remiss. Both June and Claudia were curious about the grist of the Rug Yarn Which Has It's Own Bin. I could get out the McMorran Yarn Balance and give you numbers, but hey, it's really all about the pictures, isn't it? So we dragged ol' Franklin Delano out of retirement and put him to work:

yarn

And for those of you who have no Franklin Delanos with which to compare: he's about 3/4" across. And no, I don't know what that is in metrics. Numbers, feh.

And how about the shine on that Lincoln yarn, eh? Won't that make just the best pile?

And while we are responding to comments: yep, Valerie, there is dyeing in the future for these yarns. I'm thinking reds, and a gold, and a blue. I know, boring, predictable. And Judy? I found Eva Cassidy and Sarah McLachlan to be just the thing for mindless spinning. From even further back: see LauraJ? no books mentioned! (just a few CDs). and Carol? You are right: there is no purple silk. Good spotting. I will remedy that (which means, you know, that I have to dye at least 3 purple batches, to give enough choices. Sheesh).

1 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

Stellar avoidance move. So shiney!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home