Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Moving Right Along

This is the back of the Labyrinth Bag:

bagback

In this photo, it's still on the loom, but as of now, it is washed and drying. Some of you may recognize the border pattern, it was inpsired by this:

DC3

architectural detail from the Department of Agriculture Building in DC. Color makes quite a difference, doesn't it?

I need to weave the band for the bag (or rather the *second* band for the bag: the first one is too narrow).

Then there's the sewing up, lining, closure and any embellishment (I think none, this is *enough* as far as patterning goes) yet to do. But, barring any unforeseen circumstances, there is still time. I would like to have this ready for the Midwest Weavers Conference this coming week, which will be held in Sheboygan, WI.

So, back to the studio, back to work. And LauraJ? No, I haven't bought Uncut Cloth. I have looked at it several times, but have not felt the need. If I see it among the vendors next week, I'll give it a look-over again, and report back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home